Re: psql: Add \dL to show languages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Kupershmidt
Subject Re: psql: Add \dL to show languages
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> This patch doesn't seem terribly consistent to me - we show the name
> of the call handler and the name of the validator, but for the inline
> handler we just indicate whether there is one or not.  That seems like
> something that we should make consistent, and my vote is to show the
> name in all cases.

OK, changed. I've shuffled the columns slightly so that handlers and
Validator columns are next to each other.

> Also, I'm wondering whether the System Language column be renamed to
> Internal Language, for consistency with the terminology used here:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/catalog-pg-language.html

Fixed, updated patch attached. Though, reading the description of
lanispl on that page, I wonder if "user-defined language" correctly
describes plpgsql these days, which comes installed by default.

Josh

Attachment