URGENT: Using function inside query - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bradley Miller
Subject URGENT: Using function inside query
Date
List pgsql-sql
I need some help on the following problem.  I have an account info
table that has a hierarchy of accounts.  The grouping goes from end
user to organization to reseller.  I have a PL/SQL function written
that gives me the tree, so I just whittle it down by selecting the one
id for a reseller:

select account_id from roll_account(1186) where hierarchy_type_id = 2

The problem is I have data like this:

account id    name

1    Company A
2    Company B
3    Company C
4    Person 1 (in Company A)
5    Person 2 (in Company A)

If I pass it the number of let's say Person 2 -- the above query wold
give me the account id of 1.    How can I do a query using that
function so that it automatically inserts the account_id to show the
"rolled up" account id ?

Bradley Miller
NUVIO CORPORATION
Phone: 816-444-4422 ext. 6757