Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From David Costa
Subject Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Apr 6, 2004, at 1:46 AM, Gavin Sherry wrote:

> This runs in the face of 'fair comment' law established in most
> democracies. However, how fair the comment is often depends on how well
> paid your lawyer is. :-(.

I would be ready to publish a real benchmark but not a flame or
anything close to it.

The idea is presenting the facts and adding some real life examples
e.g. people can see our Phpbb running Postgresql
(http://dotgeek.org/forums) and compare it with another phpbb
installation.

Once again, speed has the wrong meaning to many people. I received a
number of emails from our current  hosted developers (within the
PHP 5 / PostgreSQL free hosting initiative) and everyone seems fairly
impressed by PostgreSQL.
AKA they expected something very slow and this isn't the case.

Regards,
David Costa, Dotgeek.org
PHP-PostgreSQL Advocacy team     http://dotgeek.org
gurugeek att php dot net  david at postgresql ddoot org
$dsn = 'pgsql://world:most_advanced@localhost/open_source_database';