Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From David Costa
Subject Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Apr 6, 2004, at 3:46 AM, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> "faster" for simple selects with one where clause maybe.  However,
> SQLLite is documented that it can ONLY USE ONE INDEX PER QUERY.  Go
> figure.
>
> Chris

This is the point. People write faster and many developers don't
understand the difference. I have seen a lot of PHP/MySQL application
and yet I have to find one which runs
faster on MySQL / slower on PostgreSQL from a "humanly noticeable"
standpoint.

Yet the faster catch is a good marketing tool.