How to acces BLOB field in postgres with JAVA ? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From dklee
Subject How to acces BLOB field in postgres with JAVA ?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello? Please help me.
I have some problems using postgres SQL server.
Could you please help me ?

I will brefly explain my situation.

1) I am testing postgress ver 7.1.2

2) I am using
             JDK1.3,
             pgsql/jdbc/jdbc7.0-1.2.jar,
             pgsql/share/java/postgresql.jar

3) I have created a table 'message like below

CREATE TABLE message (
      mid int PRIMARY KEY,
      message oid
);

4) I have prepared a program to access the table 'message'  in JAVA.

   ResultSet rs = s.executeStatement("SELECT * FROM message");

  // Question ?
   // How to access the field 'message'  after executing the above statement
?
   // As you know the field-type of 'message' is binary large object
type(BLOB).
   // I have tested with rs.getBinaryStream(2), rs.getCharacterStream(2),
rs.getBytes(2)
   // ,but all of them don't work well.
   // Help me !

  // If you know about question, please tell me how to read/write data to
BLOB field.