Error in README_for_BeOS for PostgreSQL 6.5.0 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Mark Patterson
Subject Error in README_for_BeOS for PostgreSQL 6.5.0
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I have BeOS Pro 5.0.3 with net_server, rather than BONE, and followed
the instructions. But it didn't work. I was getting

[/boot/home] postmaster -i &
525
[/boot/home] FATAL: StreamServerPort: socket() failed: No such file or
directory
/boot/home/apps/pgsql-6.5/bin//postmaster: cannot create INET stream
port

Through discussions with Cyril Velter, I realized that line in the read
me:
    * SocketDriver (copy or link this to /boot/home/config/add-ons/
kernel/drivers/bin/   and   /boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/
dev/misc/)

Should have been:

... /boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/bin/ and   /boot/home/
config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/misc/sockets

The difference is the branch sockets at the end.

Regards,

Mark Patterson