Re: Performance of SELECT directly and from application - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Performance of SELECT directly and from application
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2020-06-24 at 07:00 +0200, Jessica Holle wrote:
> we use PostgreSQL 12.3.1 and have a little bit trouble with performance.
> When the statement comes from the application (wildfly) duration is
> about 24982.819 ms. When I do the statement directly with psql duration
> is 967.773 ms.
> Duration from Wildfly is known becaue we use in postgresql.conf
> "log_min_duration_statement = 5000". There I see, that from application
> are 3 variables used.
> Is there any idea why this can happen or a hint to solve this issue?

Try using "auto_explain" to get EXPLAIN (ANALYZE, BUFFERS) output for the slow
execution.  The comparison of these two execution plans would be instructive.

Does the application set any parameters?  Does it use a cursor?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe