Re: CustomScan support on readfuncs.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kouhei Kaigai
Subject Re: CustomScan support on readfuncs.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Are you suggesting to pass the object name on software build time?
If so, it may load incorrect libraries when DBA renamed its filename.
At least, PostgreSQL cannot prevent DBA to rename library filenames
even if they try to deploy "pg_strom.so", "pg_strom.20151106.so" and
"pg_strom.20151030_bug.so" on same directory.

I don't know portable way to get library name on run-time, so, all we
can use are environment specific.- dladdr(3) : specific to glibc- /proc/<PID>/maps : specific to Linux

Thus, I thought the backend assist is the most reasonable way here.

> > In this patch, the role of TextReadCustomScan callback is to clean out
> > any tokens generated by TextOutCustomScan. The CustomScan node itself
> > can be reconstructed with common portion because we expect custom_exprs
> > and custom_private have objects which are safe to copyObject().
>
> Some of the documentation changes for the embed-the-struct changes are
> still present in the readfuncs patch.
>
> Rather than adding TextReadCustomScan, I think we should rip
> TextOutputCustomScan out.  It seems like a useless appendage.

OK, I'll once remove TextOut, then add it later.

Thanks,
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>