Re: Rules, Triggers something more challenging - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tamir Halperin
Subject Re: Rules, Triggers something more challenging
Date
List pgsql-general
One technique I used was to include a system profile in the data layer that allows the business layer to retrieve an
informationfor a user account such as what is the user allowed to see and do. This way, none of the security related
informationis stored at the user layer. You can certainly employ encryption of various kinds to ensure that it isn't
evenvisible during transmission between user and business layers.

The profile, being the basis for the data driven security management, can be constructed at the time the user account
iscreated. It can be modified by an administrator to increase or decrease exposure to other modules / data in the app /
db.All of the authentication happens, then, between the business layer and the data layer so that no account
informationcan ever be retreived outside the server farm environment.

Just some thoughts.

Tamir