Re: pgsql password when FreeBSD boots -- what's - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: pgsql password when FreeBSD boots -- what's
Date
List pgsql-general
Actually the fact that a pg client finds it needs a password is usually
good enough.

e.g. if the client gets connected and can exit, assume db is up
if the client finds it needs a password to fully connect, assume db is up.
If there is no response, assume db is down.

Link.