Re: Empty to NULL conversion - Ruby - Postgres ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Venks
Subject Re: Empty to NULL conversion - Ruby - Postgres ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve/Jeff,

Thanks for your replies. I am using the latest "pg" module but I don't
know if there is any way to handle this without SQL. I am manually
taking care of it using SQL functions to convert empty strings to
NULL. It would be nice if there is a setting that could take care of
this issue.

PS: This issue is similar to COPY where by default "" is considered
empty and not NULL and so you can't load this data into a NUMERIC data
type defined as NULL. COPY has a WITH NULL AS syntax which addresses
this issue.