Re: Empty to NULL conversion - Ruby - Postgres ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Empty to NULL conversion - Ruby - Postgres ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 09:23 -0500, Venks wrote:
> Steve/Jeff,
>
> Thanks for your replies. I am using the latest "pg" module but I don't
> know if there is any way to handle this without SQL. I am manually
> taking care of it using SQL functions to convert empty strings to
> NULL. It would be nice if there is a setting that could take care of
> this issue.

Hi,

Can we take this issue to the ruby-pg lists (or forums), so that other
ruby-pg users can see it?

Show a simple irb session that demonstrates your problem, and also the
version of the "pg" module that you are using. This issue did exist, and
was fixed, but perhaps you have one version behind or something.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis