Re: Empty to NULL conversion - Ruby - Postgres ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Empty to NULL conversion - Ruby - Postgres ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 20:33 -0500, Venks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to copy some data from MySQL to Postgres using Ruby. This
> is NOT a MySQL to PostgreSQL conversion project. I need to read the
> data from a MySQL database and load it into PostgreSQL database.
>
> How do I handle "nil" in ruby and convert them into NULL so that I can
> insert NULL into INT columns instead of empty values? In short I am
> getting the following popular error:

Can you install the latest module from the ruby-pg project (or just "gem
install pg").

If you have this problem still, send an email to the ruby-pg-general
mailing list (or post in the forum, or email me directly).

Regards,
    Jeff Davis