Re: pgindent timing (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Refactor NUM_cache_remove calls in error report path to a PG_TRY) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgindent timing (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Refactor NUM_cache_remove calls in error report path to a PG_TRY)
Date
In response to Re: pgindent timing (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Refactor NUM_cache_remove calls in error report path to a PG_TRY)  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Responses Re: pgindent timing (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Refactor NUM_cache_remove calls in error report path to a PG_TRY)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane escribi�:
>> Um, sorry, no reason to do which?

> No reason not to leave prototypes alone in the AWK code.  Isn't the
> style emitted by indent good enough already?  The comment that ctags
> needs it is probably outdated (I know my ctags, the Exuberant one,
> doesn't).

Personally I quite like the fact that the function definition is the
only place where the function name appears left-justified.  Modern ctags
might or might not care, but there are all sorts of code search tools
out there and we should not presume which ones developers are using.
I vote against changing it.