Re: pgindent timing (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Refactor NUM_cache_remove calls in error report path to a PG_TRY) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: pgindent timing (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Refactor NUM_cache_remove calls in error report path to a PG_TRY)
Date
In response to Re: pgindent timing (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Refactor NUM_cache_remove calls in error report path to a PG_TRY)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Tom Lane escribió:
>>> Um, sorry, no reason to do which?
>
>> No reason not to leave prototypes alone in the AWK code.  Isn't the
>> style emitted by indent good enough already?  The comment that ctags
>> needs it is probably outdated (I know my ctags, the Exuberant one,
>> doesn't).
>
> Personally I quite like the fact that the function definition is the
> only place where the function name appears left-justified.  Modern ctags
> might or might not care, but there are all sorts of code search tools
> out there and we should not presume which ones developers are using.
> I vote against changing it.

+1000.  I use git grep '^function_name' constantly.

...Robert