Re: writing & flushing C extensions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: writing & flushing C extensions
Date
List pgsql-general
"John P. Looney" <john@antefacto.com> writes:
>  Just out of curiousity - does "LOAD" also flush other libraries that the
> postgres extension is linked against ?

Good question.  It'd depend on what dlclose() (or local equivalent) does
on your platform.  My guess is "probably not", since to do so
the dynamic loader would need to keep a lot of state about which
libraries had been loaded as a result of dependencies and whether any
other libraries still loaded had dependencies on them too.

            regards, tom lane