RE: [HACKERS] NULL = col - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael J Davis
Subject RE: [HACKERS] NULL = col
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I realize that supporting Access97 is going to be a pain and somewhat
undesirable, but I think that there are a lot of people like me who choose
Access97 because it seemed to be the best tool for the job.  I am not overly
satisfied with Access97 but it gets the job done.  Now, I would like to use
a real database and I don't want to invest any more $ in Microsoft, so I
choose Postgres.  I don't what to have to rewrite my entire front end, only
the back end.  I have not yet found a tool to replace Access97 as a front
end.  I am considering TK but creating and printing reports is very limited
and would take too long for me to migrate all of my reports to tk.  This
said, I would really appreciate it if PostgreSQL would support Access97 as a
front end.  I am sure many will follow the same path if the we make Postgres
an easy and effective alternative to SQL Server.

I would have a preference to have NULL = a_expr supported.  Access97 has
problems without it.  Of course, I am will to insert this change in my local
source tree.

Thanks, Michael