Re: [HACKERS] NULL = col - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] NULL = col
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I realize that supporting Access97 is going to be a pain and somewhat
> undesirable, but I think that there are a lot of people like me who choose
> Access97 because it seemed to be the best tool for the job.  I am not overly
> satisfied with Access97 but it gets the job done.  Now, I would like to use
> a real database and I don't want to invest any more $ in Microsoft, so I
> choose Postgres.  I don't what to have to rewrite my entire front end, only
> the back end.  I have not yet found a tool to replace Access97 as a front
> end.  I am considering TK but creating and printing reports is very limited
> and would take too long for me to migrate all of my reports to tk.  This
> said, I would really appreciate it if PostgreSQL would support Access97 as a
> front end.  I am sure many will follow the same path if the we make Postgres
> an easy and effective alternative to SQL Server.
>
> I would have a preference to have NULL = a_expr supported.  Access97 has
> problems without it.  Of course, I am will to insert this change in my local
> source tree.

Maybe we only need to have it working where we have already added it,
and not all over the place.  We can release what we have, which hits %95
of the NULL = col uses, and wait and see if people have problems trying
to do this non-standard thing someplace else.

Pennsylvania19026