Re: getting postgres to emulate mysql/sqlserver bit datatype - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anton Melser
Subject Re: getting postgres to emulate mysql/sqlserver bit datatype
Date
List pgsql-general
> "Anton Melser" <melser.anton@gmail.com> writes:
> > ERROR: operator is not unique: boolean = integer
>
> > I get this whether castcontext is 'a' or 'i'.
>
> If you make both cast directions the same priority then the system has
> no basis for choosing bool = bool over int = int or vice versa.  Try
> making one direction 'i' and the other not.  I'm not sure which one
> ought to be 'i', really --- it depends a lot on the details of the
> queries you are trying to make work.

That did the trick. Both seem to work, so for me that's great. Thanks
heaps. I may end up trying to get them to change it from 1 and 0 to
'1' and '0', as sql server accepts it, and if sql server accepts it, I
would be surprised if mysql doesn't...
Thanks again,
Anton