Re: getting postgres to emulate mysql/sqlserver bit datatype - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: getting postgres to emulate mysql/sqlserver bit datatype
Date
List pgsql-general
"Anton Melser" <melser.anton@gmail.com> writes:
> ERROR: operator is not unique: boolean = integer

> I get this whether castcontext is 'a' or 'i'.

If you make both cast directions the same priority then the system has
no basis for choosing bool = bool over int = int or vice versa.  Try
making one direction 'i' and the other not.  I'm not sure which one
ought to be 'i', really --- it depends a lot on the details of the
queries you are trying to make work.

            regards, tom lane