Re: daylight savings patches needed? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: daylight savings patches needed?
Date
List pgsql-general
> Joseph Shraibman wrote:
>> So what happens if you have an old os with a new postgresql install?
>> Will CURRENT_TIMESTAMP always return the correct value even if the
>> system 'date' command is showing the wrong time?

> Yes.

Unless the user changes the system's clock setting (ie, its notion of
the current UTC time) so that what he sees from "date" looks right.

Also, what about Windows?  I'm not clear whether Windows tries to keep
system time in UTC or not.  Even if it does, it'd be vulnerable to the
same pilot-error problem.

            regards, tom lane