Re: Wishlist of PL/Perl Enhancements for PostgreSQL 8.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Filip Rembiałkowski
Subject Re: Wishlist of PL/Perl Enhancements for PostgreSQL 8.5
Date
List pgsql-general

2009/10/6 Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>

Are we looking down the wrong end of the telescope here? What if we had
something more like the "C" binding for functions:

CREATE FUNCTION foo(int,text,int) AS 'MyModule::internal_foo' LANGUAGE
plperl;

If you want inter-function calls you use internal_foo.

this really would be a great feature for many plperl users.
( I'm not sure how it breaks current PL model in postgres)

--
Filip Rembiałkowski
JID,mailto:filip.rembialkowski@gmail.com