Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Meanwhile, I'd like to know how to fix the Cygwin build on HEAD. I
> suspect it was the MSVC "improvements" that did it.

The patch to c.h certainly had no compunction about possibly changing
the behavior for Cygwin:

***************
*** 82,94 **** #endif  #if defined(WIN32) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
! #ifndef WIN32_CLIENT_ONLY
! /* We have to redefine some system functions after they are included above */
! #include "pg_config_os.h"
! #else
! #include "port/win32.h"            /* We didn't run configure, but this is our
!                                  * port file */
! #endif #endif  /* Must be before gettext() games below */
--- 80,90 ---- #endif  #if defined(WIN32) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
! /* We have to redefine some system functions after they are included above.
!  *
!  * use port/win32.h directly to work on both mingw and non-mingw.
!  */
! #include "port/win32.h" #endif  /* Must be before gettext() games below */

I'm not too sure about the changes in getaddrinfo.c, either.