Re: Overhead for stats_command_string et al, take 2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Overhead for stats_command_string et al, take 2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Seeing stats_command_string with almost zero overhead is great news!
> Should we remove that setting and just have it enabled all
> the time?

If you don't need it, you shouldn't have to pay any overhead for it,
I think.  One could make an argument now for having stats_command_string
default to ON, though.

Something that might also be interesting is an option to suppress
per-command ps_status reporting.  On machines where updating ps status
takes a kernel call, there's now a pretty good argument why you might
want to turn that off and rely on pg_stat_activity instead.