Re: Bug with view definitions? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug with view definitions?
Date
Re: Bug with view definitions?  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Hmm, is this wrong on line 2085 of src/backend/adt/utils/ruleutils.c:

>   need_paren = (PRETTY_PAREN(context) ?
>                                 !IsA(op->rarg, RangeTblRef) : true);

In a quick glance this code seems close to completely brain dead :-(
For one thing, why isn't it making separate determinations about whether
the left and right inputs of the UNION (resp INTERSECT or EXCEPT)
operator need to be parenthesized?  After that maybe we could figure out
what the individual decisions need to be.