RE: MySQL -> pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Diehl, Jeffrey
Subject RE: MySQL -> pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
The database I am hoping to migrate has a few tables with around 50K
records.  These databases get updated every hour, 24/7.  I don't think I can
do the migration with a text editor.  So, I'm still looking for some other
method if it exists.

Conversion tools?  Na, that's just a small part of what I do.  I write
network management tools which populate a database.  I'm needing to get away
from mysql because it isn't proving to be stable at large scale.  Psql has
managed quite well in one of my other duties where the databases required
several MILLION records...

Any ideas for migration will be most appreciated.

Mike Diehl,
Network Monitoring Tool Devl.
284-3137
jdiehl@sandia.gov