Re: MySQL -> pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: MySQL -> pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 03:18:50PM -0600, Diehl, Jeffrey wrote:
> The database I am hoping to migrate has a few tables with around 50K
> records.  These databases get updated every hour, 24/7.  I don't think I can
> do the migration with a text editor.  So, I'm still looking for some other
> method if it exists.

Why not use a text editor? The idea was to edit the table schema, not
the entire contents of the database. If you only have a ``few'' tables,
you should probably dump the table schema first, change it to PgSQL's
variant of SQL, and then test the schema. Once you're sure it works,
dump the data from MySQL into PgSQL (you could even use a pipe
straight from 'mysql' into 'psql').

HTH,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@home.com>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.  If your ideas are any
good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
        -- Howard Aiken

Attachment