Re: Database issues when adding GUI - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Database issues when adding GUI
Date
List pgsql-general
Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> writes:
> $ psql --host salmo --user rshepard --dbname bustrac
> psql: error: could not connect to server: could not connect to server: Connection refused
>      Is the server running on host "salmo" (127.0.1.1) and accepting
>      TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
> could not connect to server: Connection refused
>      Is the server running on host "salmo" (192.168.55.1) and accepting
>      TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

> Yet, /tmp has .s.PGSQL.5432= and .s.PGSQL.5432.lock

> and I can access all databases using psql; e.g.,
> $ psql jerrittmine
> psql (12.2)
> Type "help" for help.

> You're on the right path here. The server is running on salmo (the local
> host) and accepting connections on port 5432. At least, that's how I'm
> seeing it.

What you've got there is that Unix-socket connections work, but
TCP connections do not.  Check the server's listen_addresses
setting.  If that says to allow connections on these IP addresses,
next check your kernel firewall.

            regards, tom lane