Re: Database issues when adding GUI - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Database issues when adding GUI
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 7 Jun 2021, Rob Sargent wrote:

> psql --host machine --user role --dbname something
> For your app it might be a config file with corresponding entries, or perhaps
> you command line invocation?
> I suspect there's a mis-match between the two.

Rob,

$ psql --host salmo --user rshepard --dbname bustrac
psql: error: could not connect to server: could not connect to server: Connection refused
     Is the server running on host "salmo" (127.0.1.1) and accepting
     TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
could not connect to server: Connection refused
     Is the server running on host "salmo" (192.168.55.1) and accepting
     TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Yet, /tmp has .s.PGSQL.5432= and .s.PGSQL.5432.lock

and I can access all databases using psql; e.g.,
$ psql jerrittmine
psql (12.2)
Type "help" for help.

You're on the right path here. The server is running on salmo (the local
host) and accepting connections on port 5432. At least, that's how I'm
seeing it.

Regards,

Rich