Re: Database issues when adding GUI - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Database issues when adding GUI
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 7 Jun 2021, Tom Lane wrote:

> What you've got there is that Unix-socket connections work, but TCP
> connections do not. Check the server's listen_addresses setting. If that
> says to allow connections on these IP addresses, next check your kernel
> firewall.

Tom,

What I read on <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/auth-pg-hba-conf.html> is
# The same using local loopback TCP/IP connections.
#
# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            trust

Here, in /usr/share/postgresql-12/pg_hba.conf I have
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            trust

The firewall is on the router, not this server/workstation.

And I did restart postgres after editing pg_hba.conf.

Thanks,

Rich