Re: Database issues when adding GUI - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Database issues when adding GUI
Date
List pgsql-general
Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> writes:
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2021, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Are you sure the app is connecting to the right database?

> The problem source is postgres telling me it cannot connect to the database
> but I can do so directly using psql:

If the app is indeed failing to connect at all, those are some
pretty damn awful error reports.  I'd have thought for example
that

>>> INFO:root:found database

at least indicates that it made a database connection to somewhere.
Thus my suspicion that "somewhere" might be different from where
you're connecting to manually.

I think you could clarify things quite a bit by enabling log_connections
and log_statement, and then watching the postmaster log while you run
the app.

            regards, tom lane