improve routine vacuuming docs - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject improve routine vacuuming docs
Date
List pgsql-patches
This patch makes some improvements and adds some details to the
documentation on routine database maintenance activities. Any comments
on the new text would be appreciated. I decided not to mention the
FSM -- I haven't seen any reports that users have had to tweak FSM
settings in 7.4, and it is probably better not to get into
implementation details unless there's a good reason for it. But if
anyone thinks otherwise, please speak up.

I also corrected a bunch of instances of SGML usage. One of these
days I'll get around to writing a style guide for the PostgreSQL SGML
docs...

-Neil

Attachment