Re: Documentation on PITR still scarce - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Documentation on PITR still scarce
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Greg's additional request might be worded:
>
>     * Allow a warm standby system to also allow read-only queries

Others have also asked in the past for a mode where a database could be run
off read-only media like a CD-ROM. I would phrase it more like:

* Allow truly read-only operation, could be useful for read-only media as well as for querying a warm-standby database
orfor inspecting a database without disturbing PITR recovery.

--
greg