Re: how to resolve org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist: text = integer? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: how to resolve org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist: text = integer?
Date
List pgsql-sql

 Karen> Yes. I have downloaded and it is inside my Program Files.

What exactly is in your Program Files?

 Karen> And now I am getting another error :

 Karen> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist: text = character varying[]

Someone just asked this a few minutes ago on the IRC channel but left
without acknowledging my response; was that you?

 Karen> But, I check stackoverflow, it is mentioned that text is the
 Karen> best definition. And this is what I used for subject_name which
 Karen> is a list I am getting from the In clause.

character varying[] means _array of varchar_, of course you can't
compare an array directly against a scalar.

If you want to pass an array value as a parameter, you can't use IN (x), you
have to use  = ANY (x)  instead.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)