Re: how to resolve org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR:operator does not exist: text = integer? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Karen Goh
Subject Re: how to resolve org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR:operator does not exist: text = integer?
Date
In response to Re: how to resolve org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist: text = integer?  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
List pgsql-sql

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 10:28:57 PM GMT+8, Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:

> [...]

Karen> Yes. I have downloaded and it is inside my Program Files.

What exactly is in your Program Files?

PostgreSQL which has folder named 10 and then open up you will get to see bin folder, data folder, script folder ....

Karen> And now I am getting another error :

Karen> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist: text = character varying[]

Someone just asked this a few minutes ago on the IRC channel but left
without acknowledging my response; was that you?

Karen> But, I check stackoverflow, it is mentioned that text is the
Karen> best definition. And this is what I used for subject_name which
Karen> is a list I am getting from the In clause.

character varying[] means _array of varchar_, of course you can't
compare an array directly against a scalar.

If you want to pass an array value as a parameter, you can't use IN (x), you
have to use = ANY (x) instead.

Is Any (x) this format applies only to Postgresql ? and x is subject_name the column name ?

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)