dependency on 32 bit libpq.so on 64 bit Postgres server. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From surabhi.ahuja
Subject dependency on 32 bit libpq.so on 64 bit Postgres server.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

I have downloaded Postgres 8.1.4 for FC4 x86_64 bit arch.
and installed on my m/c

Earlier this machine had Postgres 8.0.0. However that time It was the normal 32 bit server.

I build my project (which has dependency on libpq.so)
and so i have the libraries which i copy onto the above machine.

The client application then dynamically links to these libraries.

However now (after upgrading Postgres server) i get this error:

 | 2006-11-16 10:41:50.045 | 21532:1436573184 | DMF | 0 | ERROR | error@dmf | DMFConcreteRepositoryCreatorFactory.cxx:77 | Ca
nnot find library for dbexpress: libpq.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

my team has decided that we ll keep the Postgres server as a 64 bit server.
But the libraries and binaries should be 32 bit ones only.

I will have to rebuild my project , this time the libpq.so that i use will be for Postgres 8.1.4 FC 4.
But please tell me , if i should have the 64 bit libpq.so or the 32 bit one.

Please help solve my confusion.

Thanks,
regards
Surabhi