Re: Transaction id wraparound problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ed L.
Subject Re: Transaction id wraparound problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday November 15 2006 4:18 pm, Morris Goldstein wrote:
> If I'm vacuuming every day (or two), and not running anywhere
> near 1 billion transactions a day, why am I running into
> transaction id wraparound problems?

> Is this just complaining that template0 and template1 haven't
> been vacuumed in the over 2 billion transactions encountered
> by testdb? (I never touch template0 and template1.) If that's
> what's going on, I take it that I have no risk of data loss?
> And is there some reason to vacuum these databases, (other
> than to avoid the scary messages)?

I don't believe template0 ever gets vacuumed since it doesn't
allow connections.  Template1 can take a "vacuum" command, and I
think that might be where your message is coming from.  If you
vacuum it, do your messages go away?  Your testdb looks like it
was vacuumed about 10,000 transactions ago.

Ed