Re: how to PG close session - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Little, Douglas
Subject Re: how to PG close session
Date
List pgsql-admin
Thanks

The only admin function that look close is

pg_terminate_backend(pid int)    boolean    Terminate a backend

I tried it and it couldn't be found.  It is newist.  We're running PG8.2.13/GP3.3.7

>Oh, these connections aren't waiting for *database* events?  Then
>you should either restructure the apps or use a connection pool.
>Two popular "drop in" connection poolers are pgbouncer and pgpool.

We tried pgpool for awhile,   but I think I'll have a look at the code first.
I did find in the JDBC doc  connections.close  which should do the trick I suspect.

Thanks

> I'm really looking for the PG command to close a session.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/functions-admin.html#FUNCTIONS-ADMIN-SIGNAL-TABLE

-Kevin