Re: how to PG close session - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: how to PG close session
Date
List pgsql-admin
Little, Douglas wrote:
> The only admin function that look close is
> pg_terminate_backend(pid int)    boolean    Terminate a backend
> I tried it and it couldn't be found.  It is newist.  We're running PG8.2.13/GP3.3.7

Yes, that's an 8.4 function.

> We tried pgpool for awhile,   but I think I'll have a look at the code first.
> I did find in the JDBC doc  connections.close  which should do the trick I suspect.

Does your Java app have an application server like Tomcat in it?  Those
can be setup to work about as well as a PostgreSQL specific pooler, and
you get tighter integration with the application itself normally in the
process.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg@2ndQuadrant.com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support  www.2ndQuadrant.us