creating language plperl fails in windows 7 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Brian Fehrle
Subject creating language plperl fails in windows 7
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi all,
    I've been tasked with getting postgresql 8.3 set up on a Windows 7
box. I have zero experience with Windows 7, and very little with Windows
in general so I'm having some trouble.

I installed postgres 8.3 using EnterpriseDB's one click installer. I
need to import a sql file I created from my linux box from a pg_dump,
which includes some functions that depend on plperl.

I log into a psql terminal and run

CREATE LANGUAGE plperl;
ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program Files
(x86)/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib/plperl.dll": The specified module could not be
found.

I looked in that location and the plperl.dll does exist. I checked
permissions, both the user account postgres and the user account I'm
logged into windows have permissions on it.

I then realized I did not have perl installed, so I installed
ActivePerl, verified that the perl command works for the postgres user,
restarted the Postgres cluster, and tried the create language plperl
again, but I get the same error.

I'm not fully sure what to do here. I don't have the ability to reboot
the whole system (I hear turning it off and on again works with windows).

Thanks in advance for any help possible.

Brian F