Re: creating language plperl fails in windows 7 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Christian Ullrich
Subject Re: creating language plperl fails in windows 7
Date
List pgsql-admin
* Brian Fehrle wrote:

> CREATE LANGUAGE plperl;
> ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program Files
> (x86)/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib/plperl.dll": The specified module could not be
> found.
>
> I looked in that location and the plperl.dll does exist. I checked
> permissions, both the user account postgres and the user account I'm
> logged into windows have permissions on it.

You're missing some DLL that's used by plperl.dll, most likely one from
the Perl installation itself.

> I then realized I did not have perl installed, so I installed
> ActivePerl, verified that the perl command works for the postgres user,
> restarted the Postgres cluster, and tried the create language plperl
> again, but I get the same error.

- Do you have the correct perl version installed? plperl.dll from the
   8.3.11 installer requires Perl 5.8.

- Is the "bin" directory of the Perl installation in the PATH of the
   postgres service user? You wrote that you verified the command works,
   but you didn't indicate if you had to specify the full path.

--
Christian