Re: [BUG] pg_upgrade test fails from older versions. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anton A. Melnikov
Subject Re: [BUG] pg_upgrade test fails from older versions.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello!

On 27.12.2022 08:44, Michael Paquier wrote:

> It is worth noting that perlcritic was complaining here, as eval is
> getting used with a string.  I have spent a few days looking at that,
> and I really want a maximum of flexibility in the rules that can be
> applied so I have put a "no critic" rule, which is fine by me as this
> extra file is something owned by the user and it would apply only to
> cross-version upgrades.

I think it's a very smart decision. Thank you very match!

> So it looks like we are now done here..  With all these pieces in
> place in the tests, I don't see why it would not be possible to
> automate the cross-version tests of pg_upgrade.

I've checked the cross-upgrade test form 9.5+ to current master and
have found no problem with accuracy up to dumps filtering.
For cross-version tests automation one have to write additional
filtering rules in the external files.

I would like to try realize this, better in a separate thread.
If there are no other considerations could you close the corresponding
record on the January CF, please?

With the best wishes!

--
Anton A. Melnikov