Re: [BUG] pg_upgrade test fails from older versions. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [BUG] pg_upgrade test fails from older versions.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 26, 2022 at 09:22:08AM +0300, Anton A. Melnikov wrote:
> Made a separate patch for it: v3-0001-Fix-dumps-filtering.patch

Well, the thing about this part is that is it is not needed: the same
can be achieved with 0002 in place.

> Yes, indeed. It will be really simpler.
> Made it in the  v3-0002-Add-external-dumps-filtering.patch

I have fixed a few things in the patch, like switching the step
skipping comments with a regexp, adding one step to ignore empty
lines, applying a proper indentation and fixing comments here and
there (TESTING was incorrect, btw).

It is worth noting that perlcritic was complaining here, as eval is
getting used with a string.  I have spent a few days looking at that,
and I really want a maximum of flexibility in the rules that can be
applied so I have put a "no critic" rule, which is fine by me as this
extra file is something owned by the user and it would apply only to
cross-version upgrades.

So it looks like we are now done here..  With all these pieces in
place in the tests, I don't see why it would not be possible to
automate the cross-version tests of pg_upgrade.
--
Michael

Attachment