Re: Usind database with encoding UNICODE and vovel - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Alejandro D. Burne
Subject Re: Usind database with encoding UNICODE and vovel
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Dave, thanks 4 your time;
* I've installed MDAC 2.8 with same results.

* If I don't set locale on the client it doesn't work, pgadmin either
(show wrong encoding data)

After connect trough odbc:
SHOW CLIENT_ENCODING;
return -> UTF8

The same command after connect to the LATIN10 db on pgadmin;
SHOW CLIENT_ENCODING;
return -> UNICODE

Try create a LATIN10 db and connect to it to return client encoding.

* About MsQuery I was speaking about visual querys design time, not to
return millons of records.
It works fine with other db, because it find the fields to make the
relationship between tables, right now I'm migrating an app from mysql
to postgres, the same querys, same data on msquery with mysql (myodbc)
works fine; with psqlodbc hangup trying to relate tables (on visual
design, without return a single record), If I type the query it works,
but don't expect final users write a sql sentence =)

* What about the 2 chars used to store strange chars?

Thanks again and again.
Alejandro