Re: psql \e broken again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql \e broken again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
>> Agreed, no quotes on Unix.  I'm just wondering what to do
>> on Windows.

> I don't think I've seen a single windows program that uses the EDITOR
> variable. There are some ported unix tools, but that's it. Native
> windows program will have a per-program setting for this. The system
> default is picked based on file extension. So I doubt it will break a
> lot of things.

So are you in favor of not quoting at all --- ie, reverting to the Unix
behavior?  I'm pretty sure that psql got changed because someone
complained, so it seems like we'd be going in circles if we just do that
and don't have any special behavior at all on Windows.