Re: Building web sites using a database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chad Wagner
Subject Re: Building web sites using a database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/17/07, Jan Mura <jan.mura@volny.cz> wrote:
I would like to ask if there is a genral concept of creating web pages using
a database and PHP or another scripting language.
What I mean is to store basic entities and relations between pages. Only the
certain texts or information regarding every site will differ. But indeex
page, search page, result page and so on for every site should look
similarly so the application select a structure of a page from DB and add
certain text.

It sounds like you want a content management system, I would take a look at the Joomla project.  If I recall you can use PostgreSQL as a backend (if not there is easily 50~60 different content management systems out there ranging from open source to commercial).  I certainly wouldn't write your own.

--
Chad
http://www.postgresqlforums.com/