Re: kerberos/001_auth test fails on arm CPU darwin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Subject Re: kerberos/001_auth test fails on arm CPU darwin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Thanks for the reviews!

On 9/27/2022 5:21 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Maybe we should rely on PATH, rather than hardcoding OS dependent locations?
> My suggestion to consult krb5-config first was meant to allow PATH
> to influence the results.  However, if that doesn't work, it's important
> IMO to have a sane list of hardwired places to look in.

I updated my patch regarding these reviews.

The current logic is it will try to find all executables in that
order(if it finds all executables, it won't try remaining steps):

1 - 'krb5-config --prefix'

2 - hardcoded paths(I added arm and MacPorts paths for darwin)

3 - from PATH

Also, I tried to do some refactoring for adding another paths to search
in the future and being sure about all executables are found.

Ci run after fix is applied:
https://cirrus-ci.com/build/5758254918664192

Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz