Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Give a better error for duplicate entries inVACUUM/ANALYZE colu - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Give a better error for duplicate entries inVACUUM/ANALYZE colu
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 9/25/17 15:09, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 9/21/17 18:13, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Give a better error for duplicate entries in VACUUM/ANALYZE column list.
>
>> In the error message, we should write "specified more than once" instead
>> of "specified twice", because that could otherwise look a bit silly:
>> VACUUM ANALYZE vaccluster(i,i,i);
>> ERROR:  column "i" of relation "vaccluster" is specified twice
>
> OK.
>
>> (Also, the "is" doesn't seem to fit there.)
>
> Hm, reads fine to me, and I'd still rather include "is" in the
> revised wording.  Anybody else agree with Peter's wording?

Note a big deal.  I'm just working off existing error messages:

msgid "parameter \"%s\" specified more than once"
msgid "column name \"%s\" specified more than once"
msgid "column \"%s\" specified more than once"
msgid "filter variable \"%s\" specified more than once"
msgid "option \"%s\" provided more than once"
msgid "parameter name \"%s\" used more than once"
msgid "storage type specified more than once"
msgid "procedure number %d for (%s,%s) appears more than once"
msgid "operator number %d for (%s,%s) appears more than once"
msgid "publication name \"%s\" used more than once"
msgid "relation \"%s\" would be inherited from more than once"
msgid "column \"%s\" appears more than once in partition key"
msgid "column name \"%s\" appears more than once in USING clause"
msgid "common column name \"%s\" appears more than once in left table"
msgid "common column name \"%s\" appears more than once in right table"
msgid "WITH query name \"%s\" specified more than once"
msgid "recursive reference to query \"%s\" must not appear more than once"
msgid "XML attribute name \"%s\" appears more than once"
msgid "argument name \"%s\" used more than once"
msgid "table name \"%s\" specified more than once"