Re: XQuery support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthias Brantner
Subject Re: XQuery support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> I know this has been discussed several times and it seems the
>> conclusin was it's impossible if we would like to use existing XQuery
>> external modules (some are by license reasons and some are by
>> techinical reasons).
>>
>> So it seems the only way to support XQuery is, developing our own
>> XQuery functionality from scratch. I'm wondering if other people reach
>> the same conclusion as me, or is it a totaly impossible project?

> Well xquilla on top of xerces should get us pretty much were we need to go. They are both under the Apache 2 license,
whichI believe would be ok. But they are C++ so I don't know if we could use them.
> I found Zorba, its C++ and Apache 2. But I don't know much about it. But it looks promising.
> http://www.zorba-xquery.com/
Sounds like a great project.  Please, let us know (zorba-users@lists.sourceforge.net) if you need any help or have
questionswith regard to plugging Zorba to PostGreSQL.  We would love to see this happen and help.

Best regards,

Matthias