Re: PostgreSQL::PLPerl::Call - Simple interface for calling SQL functions from PostgreSQL PL/Perl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PostgreSQL::PLPerl::Call - Simple interface for calling SQL functions from PostgreSQL PL/Perl
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Richard Huxton wrote:
> On 16/02/10 17:51, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> >On Feb 16, 2010, at 9:43 AM, Richard Huxton wrote:
> >
> >>Perhaps it would be better to be explicit about what's going on?
> >>  SEARCHPATH->function()
> >>  SCHEMA('public')->function2()
> >>
> >>Or did "SP" mean "Stored Procedure"?
> >
> >Yes.
>
> Hmm - might be worth avoiding that in case we get actual
> transaction-spanning stored procedures at any point.

Yeah ... I used to get a lot of questions on the spanish list about
pgAdmin calling some functions "procedures" (just because they returned
void).  While it may be technically true, it'd cause trouble if we ever
get around to supporting true procedures.